Individual test per package.
Works in ANY fuel.
This will detect Fuel Microbes (BACTERIA or MOLD) between 24 and 36 hours after exposure.
NO spots are good news. Any reaction is bad news.
Test for water contenet and bacteria.
The use of water detecting past is only good for free water that has dropped out of the fuel and in now on the bottom of the tank.
Suspended water in fuel is the early indication that problems are on the way.
Knowing the presence of water before you see the unplanned equipment problem is a excellent suggestion.
This test will indicate the smallest amount of suspended water in diesel.
Depending on the fuel blend and the amount of biodiesel you may see between 1000 PPM and 1500 PPM will be detected.
Any detection of suspended water is not good if the detection powder turn 100% pink.
The kit consists of 5 each 2 dram glass vials with the reaction powder capsule in them and one transfer pipette.
The test gives two options to detect water. The larger the fuel sample the more accurate the results.
Test Procedure #1
1. Remove one of the capsules from a test vial.
2. Do not put fuel in on top of the capsule.
3. Take fuel samples from as many locations you see fit using the pipette.
4. Add fuel to the empty vial FIRST. Approximately 3/4 full.
5. Take the capsule and open it and pour the continents (yellow powder) into your test vial with fuel. Put on the lid and shake for 10 seconds.
6. DO NOT open capsules until you are ready to test. You will collect moisture from the air and get a false reading
7. Set the vial on the table to allow the mixture to settle and examine the results. 1000-1500 ppm water will give you pink spots in the powder. More than 1000 ppm water will turn all the powder hot pink.
Test Procedure #2
1. Take a larger sample in a glass jar. Take at least 3 fl oz and not more than 6 fl oz.
2. Follow the same process.
3. With a larger sample you will see that at 200 ppm you will see a few pink spots starting to show up in the powder. At 500 ppm all the powder will take on a pink few and at 600+ ppm the power is now completely pink in color.