Why Fuel Testing?
Never assume fuel quality is not an issue.
All our kits are simple to use.
Detect a fuel problem before you have engine damage.
Not sure what test is needed? Contact our nearest office.
DS-1 Test Kit: Tests for Bacteria (Algae) in Your Fuel.
Simply dip the test into the fuel and wait a day.
- The side detects (ALGAE) BACTERIA in 24 to 36 hrs after exposure
- One Individual Test per Package.
- Works in Red and Road Diesel Fuel.
- NO Spots are Good News. Any Reaction is Bad News.
Diesel Fuel with Gasoline Test #GAS-1
Did someone make a mistake and put gasoline in the diesels tank and you do not know what to do?
- Here it the test for Gasoline in All Diesel Fuels.
- It is simple and immediate.
- The larger the bubbles indicate the higher percentage of gasoline in the fuel.
Diesel Fuel DEF Test #DEF-1
Did someone put DEF in your fuel tank…find out now.
- Tests for Water or DEF in All Diesel Fuel
- This is a PASS or FAIL test.
- Simple and immediate
- Kit contains one test tube, 10 test strips and 1 transfer pipette
Remove one test strip from the package
Place the colored end down into the test tube
Add questionable liquid.
DEF will turn BLUE/GREEN in a few seconds.
W-5 Test Kit: Test For Water in the Diesel Fuel
- Simply remove the capsule from a test tube and add fuel to the test tube then in seconds you know if water is in the fuel.
- This is a PASS or FAIL test that is simple and immediate
- Any detection of suspended water turns pink and the fuel FAILS.
Diesel Fuel Water Content &
Fuel Clarity Test
Test Procedure One – Fuel Clarity Test.
Test is designed as a field PASS or FAIL
Test detects water and solid contaminants in diesel fuels
Very simple and immediate
If all 5 indicator marks are visible then the test PASSES but if the indicator lines disappear then the fuel FAILS.
Failed tests require Fuel Polishing/Maintenance.
Test Procedure Two – Suspended Water in Fuel
- Added powder will start to settle to the bottom
- 200-500 ppm water will give you pink spots in the powder
- But at 600+ ppm water will turn the powder hot pink and the fuel FAILED the test and action must be taken.
Diesel Fuel Acid Test #PH-1
- Test the pH of the water from your water separator
- The more acidic the more damage it is doing to your fuel tank
- It is simple and immediate
- Kit consists of 1 test tube ,10 test strips and 1 transfer pipette
- This is NOT a DEF Test.
Take the water sample using the supplied pipette
Add it to the test tube until the tube is ½ full and then acidic water will show as pink to red, meaning you have a problem.
Dieselcraft can supply your company with a wide range of diesel fuel test kits. From the relatively straightforward DS-1 Test Kit that will check for bacteria in your diesel fuel to the more advanced FCT-100 Diesel Fuel Water Content & Fuel Clarity Test that tests diesel fuel, biodiesel blends, and even heating oil. Because all our tests are easy to use and will provide you with real-time results in 5 minutes or less, anyone can perform the tests. They include all the supplies and instructions you’ll need to look for microbes and water in diesel fuel.
If your company has stored diesel fuel, it’s a good idea to use diesel fuel test kits on it every 90 days to make sure water hasn’t found a way to get into it. You should also get into the habit of using test kits on fuel deliveries to make sure there aren’t microbes and water in diesel fuel before you accept it. It’ll help you avoid a headache later and allow you to steer clear of using diesel fuel that could potentially have bacteria, mold, fungus, or even dangerous asphaltenes in it.
Take a closer look at each of the diesel fuel tests kits available through Dieselcraft here. Contact us at 530-613-2150 on the West Coast, on the Gulf Coast 337-277-5417 or at 772-215-8087 on the East Coast for additional information on dealing with microbes, water, DEF or Gasoline in your diesel fuel.